- What is Stretch Wrap?
What is Stretch Wrap?
What is stretch wrap? Stretch wrap, a highly stretchable plastic made from linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE), is tightly stretched and wrapped around a load of boxes or cartons. The elastic stretch recovery allows stretch wrap to hold products securely on the pallet.
What is stretch wrap and other frequently asked questions and answers
1. What is stretch wrap and how is it different from shrink wrap?
Shrink wrap is applied loosely around an item or product and shrinks tightly with the application of heat. On the other hand, stretch wrap has an elastic recovery, instead of an application of heat to ensure that cartons or products are tightly bound.
2. When is stretch wrap used?
Stretch wrap is commonly used to unitize (or package into a single unit) pallet loads. Stretch wrap is also used for bundling smaller items.
3. What types of stretch wraps are there?
The different types of stretch wrap include hand stretch, stretch film, machine stretch film, cast stretch film, cast stretch film, blown stretch film, specialty stretch film, and converted stretch film.
4. What are the benefits and functions of stretch wrap?
- Stretch wrap helps improve the stability of the packages or products by forming a unit load.
- Stretch wrap helps ensure that the unit loads are handled and stored more efficiently.
- Stretch wrap helps protect against some degree of dust, dirt, and moisture.
- Stretch wrap helps ensure tamper resistance, which means that packages or products wrapped with stretch wraps are less likely to be intentionally sabotaged because of the added protection.
- Stretch wrap helps protect your shipments from pilferage which means that the stretch wrap reduces the likelihood that the contents of the package will be stolen because of the added protection of the stretch wrap.
- Stretch wrap also provides some degree of sun protection (this is the case with UV stretch wraps).
- Stretch wrap also extends the shelf life of certain foods.
- Stretch wrap helps secure pallet loads which reduce shipping and handling damages.
- Opaque stretch wrap helps conceal products and contents in the load and helps minimize instances of theft.
- Opaque stretch films are excellent for colour coding items and for working more efficiently.
- Stretch wraps help improve inventory control by enabling visual inspections of products.
- Stretch wrap film are recyclable and environmentally friendly.
- Stretch wrap is versatile and adaptable because the film can wrap products of diverse sizes and many surfaces (pointy or flat surfaces).
- Stretch wrap is cost effective because it is less expensive than many other types of pallet wrapping products.
5. How do I know what stretch wrap film size I should use?
Film wrap comes in a variety of different widths and thicknesses, which are required for different applications. The size chart can help you find the ideal thickness and width for your application.
Toronto Stretch Wrap and Danshar Polybag and Resin Inc. explains what is stretch wrap and answers many other related questions. We stock a wide variety of pallet wrapping products. Our stretch wraps and film wraps help ensure that your products remain in excellent condition, at all times.
Please click HERE for some of the products we offer for sale.