- How to Wrap a Pallet
How to Wrap a Pallet
It is important to know how to wrap a pallet using hand wrap, whether you are a manufacturer who supplies products to clients, a distributor who ships pallets of merchandise or someone who is moving to another home, you need to know how to properly wrap the objects that you are planning to transport.
How to Wrap a Pallet Easily and Quickly
Using hand wrap is perhaps the easiest and quickest way for you to protect your packages and ensure a safe delivery. You do not need to use any machinery and using hand wrap is relatively inexpensive. You will also save time as hand wrapping can be done in a short time compared to other methods.
How to Wrap a Pallet Using Hand Wrap
These tips on how to wrap a pallet with hand wrap are particularly beneficial when there are multiple boxes or products to be transported on a pallet.
- Choose the right hand wrap. There are different types of hand wrap on the market with different features, advantages and disadvantages. Toronto Stretch Wrap and Danshar Polybag and Resin Inc. stock PlatinumMax Hand Film, VMaxx Pre-Stretch Hand Film, and Max Wrap Hand Film brands. Knowing which type of hand wrap to use for your project requires that you do some research or ask a stretch wrapping professional.
- Choose the right size. Consider the size of your packages and the height of your pallet. If you are using a pallet, it is critical to make sure you have the right size pallet to accommodate the products you want to hand wrap. The best pallet size is one that is no bigger than the items placed above the pallet because otherwise, the plastic may tear on the sharp pallet corners.
- Tightly compact the products. In order to ensure that the products don't move after they have been wrapped, it is important to compact the products together onto the pallet as closely as possible.
- Secure stretch wrap to pallet. Prior to wrapping, it is critical to firmly affix the stretch wrap to the pallet. It is advantageous to stay clear of knots which will be difficult to tear apart later. One strategy is to scrunch some plastic into a rope shape and wrap around one corner of the pallet, pulling firmly in order to ensure that the plastics adhere to each other.
- Move in an upward spiral. Slowly move upward in a spiral motion around the packages. Keep applying stretch film to the packages while simultaneously keeping the stretch film as tight as possible to prevent the packages from moving during delivery.
- Ensure that the structure is sturdy and secure. Keep wrapping around the pallet until all the packages are fully wrapped. Then check to ensure that packages cannot move in relation to the pallet or to other packages. If the structure is not secure, you may want to consider wrapping the structure with an extra layer. Once the wrapping is finished, tear the end of the shrink wrap and fold it underneath one of the pallet edges.
Hand wrapping is an effective way to keep your products safe and secure during shipping. Although hand wrapping a pallet may seem quite straightforward, there is a proper way to apply stretch wrap. If you have any questions or inquiries about how to wrap a pallet, we will be happy to assist you.
More Stretch Wrap FAQs and Tutorials
Tips for Proper Pallet Stretch Wrapping
2899 Steeles Ave. W.,
Units 9 & 10,
North York, Ontario
For skid quantities of stretch wrap, resin, or plastic bags only, please call
You might like these
We are stretch wrap distributors. This article discusses what stretch wrap is and how it is commonly made from LLDPE, linear low density polyethylene.
What makes V-Maxx pre stretched stretch film different from other stretch hand film? V-Maxx is the leading stretch hand film in the plastic industry
Hand stretch wrap or machine stretch wrap? Deciding how to wrap your cartons and products is a careful consideration to make.