Do you require plastic wrap for shipping electronics? At Toronto Stretch Wrap, we make it easy for your company to wrap gadgets such as smartphones, tablets, and e-readers. Shipping your electronics correctly is crucial to your company’s reputation. Should a device reach your customer in a damaged state, it could cost your company much money to replace. Toronto Stretch Wrap provides you with helpful tips from UPS for effective electronics shipping.
For small shipments, have a look at the device. If the device is still in its original retail packaging and does not shift in the box when moved, the retail packaging alone will suffice. However, if the device does shift even in its original packaging:
1. Find a larger, stronger box that is six inches higher, longer, and wider than the device.
2. Wrap the item with several layers of bubble wrap.
3. Pack the box tightly with foam inserts, bubble wrap, or kraft paper. Do not use packing peanuts because they will not protect your product from shifting.
4. Seal the box with packing tape.
It is always best to leave the product unopened in the manufacturer’s original packaging, as there are strict international safety regulations that govern retail packaging. Products with rechargeable lithium ion batteries left in their original retail packaging will be protected from air pressure and temperature changes during transit more than products with secondary packaging.
If you are sending an item without its original retail packaging:
1. Make sure that the device is powered off and cannot be turned on during transit and that battery terminals remain unexposed.
2. Do not remove batteries, as they are designed to stay grounded when attached to their terminals.
3. Cover buttons with cardboard or electrical tape.
4. Place the device inside a plastic bag to protect it from static electricity.
Should you need plastic wrap for shipping electronics in large quantities to your customer, make sure everything is securely packed. If your boxes are fragile, use the double-over boxing method. Put a box over another box. This will keep your item from shifting and will minimize impacts. The layers of padding inside each box will also absorb vibrations from bumps throughout transit.
Our plastic wrap for shipping is strong and durable and will protect your electronics from impact. Stretch wrap is wrapped tightly around boxes, keeping products tightly bound, so they don’t shift or move. Contact Toronto Stretch Wrap today for all your electronics shipping needs.