How is colored stretch wrap film different from regular clear stretch wrap film? Colored stretch film is an excellent option for a variety of load shipments. In most cases, this film is used to conceal product loads. If you are seeking to reduce the risk of products possibly being pilfered, stolen, or counterfeited, using black or blue stretch wrap rather than regular clear stretch wrap can effectively deter pilferage by concealing products. Transparent stretch films are alternatively used rather than colored stretch film when companies would like to identify their products throughout the duration of shipment or warehouse storage. Losses from pilferage, counterfeiting, and theft are an increasingly serious problem. Occurrences of product counterfeiting have cost corporations lost dollars in revenue. Toronto Stretch Wrap and Danshar Polybag and Resin Inc. draws upon its decades worth of expertise in the plastics industry to assist your company and offer effective solutions.
When it comes to protecting your products during shipment, the importance of using colored stretch wrap film rather than regular clear stretch wrap is a very important step. Often when products are loaded onto freight trains or trucks, they are loaded, unloaded, and cross-docked, leaving products susceptible to pilferage and even damage. This process occurs numerous times before a product reaches its destination. The more your products are handled, the more likely they are to get damaged. Using opaque stretch wrap, available in blue or black options, can help prevent unfortunate outcomes.
How do you decide whether you should use regular or opaque stretch film? Using opaque stretch film rather than regular stretch film can benefit your business in many ways as there are numerous uses for black or blue stretch wrap. Using opaque stretch film provides the following benefits to consumers. Colored stretch wrap film:
• Organizes your products when storing your pallets in the warehouse. Pallets can be labeled and colour-coded by date, shipping location, and product type for easy product identification and stock rotation within your warehouse. You may even want to use opaque stretch wrap to distinguish specific products. Using colored stretch film for an organized palletized system can save your company time, energy, and money by eliminating the need for additional product labeling.
• Conceals the nature of your shipments, protecting valuable merchandise, and detouring possible pilferage. Colored stretch film is known to be an effective deterrent for product tampering, as it allows intentional product damage to become more easily recognizable and obvious. Opaque stretch film additionally safeguards the privacy of the contents of a pallet load.
• Protects your products from environmental elements and weather conditions, such as dust, dew, and rain.
• Will outlast regular film if merchandise is stored outdoors.
• Protects products from the sun’s harmful UV rays, which can cause products and printed boxes to bleach, spoil, and degrade when exposed to excessive amounts of sunlight or other environmental elements, such as dew or rain.
• Reduces the risk of products being damaged during transit.
• Sticks to itself when wrapped, not the product the film is wrapping. This allows packages and pallets to be easily banded, stored, and secured without causing any damage to products.
• Has elastic memory, which means it can be stretched significantly from its original size. Once the film is stretched, it will attempt to return to its original size, resulting in colored stretch wrap film that is securely wrapped around the pallet. The wrapping process ensures pallet loads remain secure and do not shift while being transported.
Our colored stretch wraps are manufactured and designed for unique and specialized applications. Our production process creates distinctive, attractive stretch film that allows you to keep inventory in the warehouse, while making your product stand out. Unlike shrink wrap, which is loosely applied around the product and requires additional heat to shrink the material, stretch film is a more efficient, cost-effective method to secure products and objects of all sizes and shapes. Shrink wrap will loosen when it is stretched past its original size and does not return to its original size. Stretch wrap has elastic memory, which means the film will snap back immediately to its original size and cling tightly to pallet loads.
At Toronto Stretch Wrap and Danshar Polybag and Resin Inc., we supply both black and blue and sometimes other colors of stretch wrap for your business. Black or blue stretch wrap is manufactured using opaque-colored resins that give stretch film its color. We offer opaque stretch film in 37-120 millimeter gauges or thickness. Both opaque hand wrap and machine wrap are available in 12-30 inch widths. If you are shipping valuable merchandise, merchandise that will be stored outdoors, products that require more protection, or you may just want color coding, contact us to order black stretch wrap or blue stretch wrap for your business. Our opaque films can help ensure your products arrive safely at their intended destination. Use the form below to receive a custom quote.